Curare is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (‘PHI’). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, social security number or address), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of healthcare to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of healthcare.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information you provide directly. We may collect some or all of the following types of information during use of our Solution:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance; and
- Any other information you provide to us.
Information collected automatically. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Solution, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Solution, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Solution, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our Solution, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. By using the Solution, you consent to our use of automatically collected information.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our Solution, including the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs while using our Solution. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. This data may include parts of a document you were using when a problem occurred, or the contents of your communications. By using the Solution, you are consenting to the collection of this technical data.
Information we obtain from your health care providers and other sources. We may collect medical records from your past and current health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results, social histories, family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness. We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations
USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve the Solution;
- Analyze user data and usage to understand and improve the Solution;
- Customize the content on the Solution;
- Contact you and fulfill any requests for additional information or services;
- Send you promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities. We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, insurance companies, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors. We may share your information with third-party vendors that help us with specialized services (i.e. payment processing, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, performance monitoring, optimization, and data processing). These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners. We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Curare Telehealth, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
If you access third-party services, through the Solution to login to the Solution or to share information about your experience on the Solution with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. If you choose to refuse or disable these technologies, some of the functionality of the Solution may no longer be available to you.
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING, LINKS, AND CONTENT